Collection of Latin, English and French items, Written in part in 1668-1677 by Sir William Dugdale
Collection of Latin, English and French items:
- Fol. 1. Translations into English of the ordinances for the government of the king's household 1318 (fol. 1) and 1322 (fol. 29), with a copy of the Latin and English 'Domus Regis Angliae' of 1 Ed. iv in 74 chapters (fol. 33)
- Fol. 68. extracts made in 1668 of wills from the principal register of Canterbury (1367-1450), and (fol. 85v) from the register of the prerogative court (1383-1601), and (fol. 117v) from excerpts from the registers of the archbishops of York (1431-1630) made in 1669 by Sir Thomas Herbert, bart. and the archdeaconry of Richmond (p. 119), and the see of Lincoln, etc. (p. 120)
- Fol. 122. collections from medieval records relating to the privileges of the baronage, followed by copies of the will of Jacques Auguste de Thou (d. 1617) and (fol. 146) of the princesse de Condé (d. 1564)
- Fol. 147. transcripts of charters relating to the Butler family, 12th-15th centuries, from private archives and public records
- Fol. 152. 'Privileges of the nobility'
Fols. 154-end are blank.
- Creation: Written in part in 1668-1677 by Sir William Dugdale
Language of Materials
- Multiple languages
MS. Dugdale 8
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 6498
13 2/5 × 8 1/2 in.