Extracts concerning Warwickshire, Written 1639-1682 by Sir William Dugdale
Extracts concerning Warwickshire from:
- P. 1. the patent rolls in the Tower of London, 5 John-23 Ed. iv, and (p. 281) in the Rolls chapel, 1 Ric. iii-5 Jac. i
- P. 397. 'the docquett books in the custodye of the ladye Wolfesley late wife of Sir Thomas Wolfesley kt., deceased, master of the office for ingrossing of patents, 15 Jac. [i]-15 Charles [i]'
- P. 417. 'ex registro (quodam cartaceo) omnium cartarum Warwici comitum, exarato tempore regis Ricardi secundi, et in custodia Dudley baronis North de Carthlage [i.e. Kirtling] in comitatu Cantabr.' January and May 1640 (p. 461). The MS. is now Add. MS. 28024 in the British Museum
- P. 473. excerpts from the chronicle of John Ross, now in the British Museum, Cott. MS. Vesp. A. xii, which was edited in 1716 by Thomas Hearne
- P. 490. 'Articles of agreement betweene king Henry the sixt, and Richard de Beauchamp earle of Warwick, before his going to govern in France', from the autograph in the possession of the corporation of Warwick, 1682
- P. 497. excerpts, made in April 1639, from the chronicle of Henry de Knighton, in the Cottonian library (Tib. C. vii)
- At p. 494 is a copy of a grant by Richard Neville, earl of Warwick, to the collegiate church of Warwick, dated 13 Hen. vi
- Creation: Written 1639-1682 by Sir William Dugdale
Language of Materials
MS. Dugdale 6
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 6496
12 3/5 × 8 in.