Warwickshire collections from Exchequer records, Written 1639-1649 by Sir William Dugdale
Warwickshire collections from Exchequer records, comprising extracts from:
- P. 1. Domesday book for Warwickshire, the shorter Domesday (p. 49), and (p. 59) a list of abbreviations therein
- P. 61. pipe rolls of 31 Hen. i, 2 Hen. ii-56 Hen. iii
- P. 109. the cartae of 1166 in the Red book of the Exchequer
- P. 137. the placita de quo warranto, 13 Ed. I, 'in quadam baga de Ragaman'
- P. 161. the book of Fees, the nomina villarum (p. 178), and a roll of 19 Hen. iii concerning an aid ad sororem maritandam (p. 185) and the hundred rolls 'in quadam baga de Ragaman' (p. 193)
- P. 204. 'Exemplar veteris rotuli penes thesaurar' et camerar' scaccarii reman' in ipsa cista in qua liber vocat' Domesday conservatur, 9 March 1640', being subsidiary accounts of the shire in 1368 and (p. 217) in 1237, details of the aid for knighting the Black Prince (p. 221)
- P. 234. a list of knights' fees temp. Hen. vi, probably from K.R. Misc. book, no. 4
- P. 253. indentures of military service, 14 Ed. iii-7 Hen. vii, one giving the retinue of the earl of Warwick (p. 277)
- P. 289. a duchy of Lancaster register in the Exchequer, 1649
- P. 293. curia regis roll, 6 Ric. i, and various plea rolls to Ed. iii
- P. 335. rolls of contrariants' lands, 17 Ed. ii, and Templars' lands
- P. 347. feet of fines Ric. i-Hen. vii, followed by a copy of an index in the New Temple church to feet of fines, 1 Hen. vii-6, Philip and Mary (p. 443), to fines from divers counties, John-Henry viii (p. 448)
- P. 489. K.R. Misc. book, ser. I, vol. 15, being a copy of hundred rolls, completed (p. 575) from a fuller version in the possession of Sir Thomas Leigh of Stanley
There is a list of contents by Dugdale at p. vii, surrounded by a line-engraved border, containing Dugdale's arms-argent a cross moline gules, in the first quarter a torteau.
- Creation: Written 1639-1649 by Sir William Dugdale
Language of Materials
- Multiple languages
MS. Dugdale 2
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 6492
12 1/2 × 9 in.