A volume of printed pamphlets, c. 17th-18th century
Savile G. 18
A volume of printed pamphlets, among which is the old MS. Savile 61 (26 leaves), consisting of:
- 'The use of the tables of ... Joannes Regiomontanus', an astrological treatise in thirty-one problems by Francis Cook, who prefixes a dedication to John Hare, and a poem; at the beginning is 'ex dono Authoris', 'Liber Ricardi Chamberlayne clerici Wardorum' (early 17th cent.?). It was written in about A.D. 1580-1600.
- John Wallis's 'Notes on Dr. [John] Wills's Discourse of the Julian & Gregorian Year ["1700"], Nov. 10, 1699'
- Dr. Wills's Consideration of Wallis's notes on the book, Nov. 27, 1699
- Further notes by Wallis, Dec. 6, 1699, in a letter to dr. Charlet
- The copy of Wills's treatise in this volume also bears notes by Wallis
- c. 17th-18th century
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Please order this material via SOLO.
Savile G. 18
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 26129