Discourses concerning the Paschal Tables and the Seat of Easter, Written in about 1677-1700 by J. Wallis
'Discourses concerning the Paschal Tables and the Seat of Easter, by John Wallis, D.D...', consisting of:
- Fol. 6. 'a treatise concerning the Paschal Tables', 1677;
- Fol. 53v. 'Concerning St. Mathias day, placed in the Oxford Almanack for ... 1684 at Febr. 24', 1684;
- Fol. 65b. 'A short discourse concerning the Paschal Tables & the seat of Easter', with tables, 1664;
- Fol. 73. 'A table of movable Feasts', A.D. 1-2000, with an explanation, about 1664.
This is a copy made by Wallis himself in his old age, not before 1700 (see fol. 53v), with small additions by him. At fol. 1 is an original letter from Wallis to mr. serjeant Blencowe, Jan. 8, 1694/5. A second copy of art. I, with many additions, made in about 1680-90 (?), occupies fols. 84-96.
(112 leaves foliated to 97)
- Creation: Written in about 1677-1700 by J. Wallis
112 ('97') leaves
Language of Materials
MS. Savile 56
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 26124
Designed for the Savile Library by dr. Wallis, and presented by his son in about A.D). 1705 (see MS. Savile 101, fol. 11).
12 3/4 × 8 1/8 in.