Transcripts from the Hauks-bók, with some various readings, stated to be in the hand of Finn Magnusson, written in the first quarter of the 19th cent. by Finn Magnusson
- (p. 3) 'Merlinus-Spá', the prophecies of Merlin, from Geoffrey of Monmouth, translated into verse by Gunnlaug Leifsson. A MS. which had not in 1832 been printed.
- (p. 53) 'Hugsvinns-mál.' A MS. which had not in 1832 been printed.
- (p. 87) 'Lióð Ørvar-Odds ...'
- (p. 111) 'Vísur úr Søgubroti fra Starcade og Vicare ...'
- (p, 117) 'Visur úr Saugo Ketils Hængs.'
- (p. 125) 'Vísur úr Saugu Gríms Lodinkinna.'
- (p. 127) 'Úr Saugu Ørvar-Odds.'
- (p. 135) 'Úr gømlu Saugubroti frá Haralldi enum Hárfagra...' A MS. which had not in 1832 been printed.
- (p. 140) 'KveÞi Gisla Surssonar.' A MS. which had not in 1832 been printed.
- (p. 150) Verses supposed to have been found written on skins in North Iceland and to be of the time of Magnus IV, Lagabætir, king of Norway. A MS. which had not in 1832 been printed.
- Creation: written in the first quarter of the 19th cent. by Finn Magnusson
Language of Materials
MS. Boreal 116
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no 20757
A catalogue by Magnusen, dated 1828, is in the Library, and was printed in 1832 with the title 'Catalogus...codicum cliii manuscriptorum Borealium præcipuæ Islandicæ originis, ...autcore... Finno Magnæo, Islando'.
6 7/8 × 4 3/4 in.