Extracts from evidences and collections, Written 1659-1678 by Anthony à Wood
MS. Wood D. 11
(8517) Extracts from evidences relating to:
- Fol. 1. the hospital of St. John the Baptist, Oxford
- Fol. 18v. Littlemore and (fol. 23v) Godstow nunneries, from the archives of Christ Church
- Fol. 36v. Abingdon abbey, 'taken out of a leiger book remaining in the hospital of Christ in Abendon, which book was written by Francis Little sometimes mayor of Abendon, 20 Sept. 1627'
- Fol. 54. Thame abbey
- Fol. 60. Tewkesbury abbey
- Fol. 71. Eynsham abbey, from the chartulary at Christ Church, 1659
- Followed by (fol. 84) Wood's itinerary from Oxford to Bath, 1678, with genealogical and church notes concerning Fyfield (Golafre family), Buckland (fol. 93), Pusey (fol. 95), Faringdon (fol. 96v), Lechlade (fol. 102), Fairford (fol. 103), Cirencester (fol. 108); St. Peter's, St. James's, and the hospital of St. Mary Magdalen, at Bath (fol. 133); and Malmesbury (fol. 150)
- Fol. 159. Collections by Wood for a history of grammar schools (fol. 159), tabulated in the order in which they occur in Huddesford's catalogue, pp. 37-8, with an index of personal names by Wood 'onlie at present to serve my turn' (fol. 293)
- Fol. 183. Collections from printed books, followed by (fol. 220) church notes for the most part from Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Gloucester, Oxfordshire, and from London, as specified in Huddesford's catalogue, p. 38
Labelled '55'and 'AV'- and 8518(1)'part of 56, ϖ'
- Written 1659-1678 by Anthony à Wood
Language of Materials
Latin , English
MS. Wood D. 11
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 8517-8518
8 2/5 × 6 1/5 in.