Oxfordshire heraldic, genealogical, and topographical collections, Written for the most part 1668-1681, by Anthony à Wood
MS. Wood E. 1
Oxfordshire heraldic, genealogical, and topographical collections, by Anthony à Wood throughout, being primarily arms and epitaphs in Oxfordshire churches, of which a later alphabetical list has been inserted as fols. i, ii, but containing also additional notes of local history under the following headings:
- Burford school (fol. 17), Newbury bridge (fol. 24v), Idbury (fol. 63), Godstow nunnery (fol. 72), Cutslow (fol. 76v), Water Eaton (fol. 78), Spencer of Althorp pedigree (fol. 82v), Great Tew (fol. 118), Great Rollright (fol. 123)
- Pedigrees of Weyhill-Haudlo-Osbaldiston (fol. 144), Taverner (fol. 149), and Heythrop (fol. 158v)
- Dorchester abbey (fol. 291)
- Written for the most part 1668-1681, by Anthony à Wood
Language of Materials
MS. Wood E. 1
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 8505
- A list of parishes in the order in which they occur is printed in Huddesford's catalogue, and some of the monumental inscriptions will be found in Parochial Collections for the County of Oxford (privately printed, Evesham, 1825) and in Parochial Collections of Wood and Rawlinson , edited for the Oxfordshire Record Society by the rev. F. N. Davis (1920-9).
10 × 7 1/5 in.