Short treatises on the conduct of the Dutch wars, dedicated to sir Thomas Heneage, kt., treasurer of Her majesty's chamber, Written in 1585
Short treatises on the conduct of the Dutch wars, dedicated to sir Thomas Heneage, kt., treasurer of Her majesty's chamber, including:
- Fol. 3. 'An advise of a duetifull mynde and faithfull harte to the service of her Majestye in these Lowe Countreyes ... delivered his Excellency in Amsterdam the 18 March 1585'
- Fol. 5. 'An order to bee established in the office of the musters for avoydinge of fraude and the advancement of the service'
- Fol. 8. 'Briefe notes for the trayning both of the soldiers particularly and of the bands together in every garrison'
- Fol. 11. 'The impositions of the towne of Amstelredam...'
- Fol. 12. a list of the towns and villages in Holland
- Creation: Written in 1585
Language of Materials
MS. Wood F. 19
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 8481
13 3/4 × 8 3/4 in.