Motets, with mass titles, written in the 17th and 18th cent.
Made up of five MSS, comprising:
- (fol. 2) Seven motets for church festivals, the first imperfect, the rest beginning 'Lapidabant Stephanum', 'Valde honorandus', 'Magnum hereditatis', 'Tribus miraculis', 'Salvator mundi', 'Gaudent in cælis', 17th cent.
- (fol. 5) 'Dixit Dominus, (two), 'Kyrie eleison' (two), 'Regina angelorum', five motets
- (fol. 17) Five motets ('O Jesu Christe', 'Semper honorabile', 'Propter hoc relinquet', 'Christus resurgens', 'Oravit Anna'), early 18th cent.
- (fol. 25) A Mass (Kyrie eleison, Gloria in excelsis, Credo, Sanctus, Hosanna, Benedictus, Agnus Dei), 18th cent.
- (fol. 35) A Kyrie eleison, 18th cent.
- (fol. 46) 'Non nobis Domine', a motet stated to be by W. Byrde, with instrumental parts separate, 18th cent.
- Creation: written in the 17th and 18th cent.
Language of Materials
MS. Mus. e. 13
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no. 16815
8 7/8 × 12 1/8 in.