Odes etc. by dr. William Hayes, written in the second half of the 18th cent.
- (fol. 1). An Oxford Commemoration ode, 1751 beg. 'Where shall the Muse'), in full score
- (fol. 52). An Oxford Commemoration ode, 1773 beg. 'Daughters of Beauty'), dated at end 2 July 1773: followed by one chorus ('The generous youth') separate.
- (fol. 92). A song beg. 'When Damon first')
- (fol. 96). A cantata beg. 'Comus, away'), two fragments follow.
The preceding pieces to (fol. 52) may be autograph.
- Creation: written in the second half of the 18th cent.
Language of Materials
MS. Mus. d. 81
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no. 16786
9 5/8 × 12 1/4 in.