English services with music, 18th cent.
Made up of several MSS., comprising the following English services with music:
- (fol. 2). The Cantate and Deus misereatur, by P. Fussell, imperfect at end
- (fol. 12). The Responses to the Commandments, by Philip Hayes, 13 Aug. 1791: autograph, signed
- (fol. 13). Henry Hall's Te Deum and Will. Hine's Jubilate, in score, with instrumental parts added by dr. Philip Hayes: in the handwriting of the latter, signed and dated 28 June 1779, with notes of its performance at Oxford in St. Mary's on 1 July 1779, 5 June 1780
- (fol 38). A Te Deum in C minor
- (fol. 41). A Te Deum, Jubilate, Magnificat and Nunc Dimittis by dr. Robert Creighton
- (fol. 53). 'A continuation to mr. George Holmes's Funeral service. By John Buswell M.B.' beg. 'Man that is born of a woman')
- (fol. 59). A Jubilate by W. Davis.
- Creation: 18th cent.
Language of Materials
MS. Mus. c. 7
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no. 16686
12 1/4 × 9 3/4 in.