Vocal music, secular 1, 9 Feb 1953-1975
MS. Mus. b. 511
- ASJ I/2. 'Song on a May morning' for voice and piano (words, John Milton). Score in ink, 9 Feb 1953.
- ASJ I/3. 'Windflowers' for Soprano and Tenor soli and string orchestra (words, Christina Rosetti). Score in ink, Apr 1953.
- ASJ I/4. 'The gifting' for Tenor solo, viola and piano (words, Margaret Rhodes). 2 scores: in pencil and in ink, [1953?].
- ASJ I/9. 'The flower of the field', cantata for women's choir, vibraphone, harp, piano and cello (words from Song of Songs). Score in the composer's hand, 2 pages of Sibelius score and parts in various hands, [post-1955].
- ASJ I/17. 'Moon-track', song for voice and piano. 2 versions in pencil (the second entitled 'Wind' is incomplete), [1956?].
- ASJ I/18. 'There is sweet music', song for voice and piano (words, Alfred Tennyson). Score in pencil, with incomplete copy in ink of the composer's song 'Shadows' at end, .
- ASJ I/19. 'Shadows', 'Ever' and 'Nicoletta', three songs for voice and piano (words, Walter de la Mare). 2 scores: in the composer's hand and in the composer's wife, Rachael Sherlaw-Johnson's hand, .
- ASJ II/43 (RSJ 6*). 'Night songs' for Soprano solo and piano (words from modern Chinese poems). Scores of the 1964 and 1974 versions, each in ink, with dyeline copy and photocopy.
- ASJ II/44. 'Incantation' for voice (vocalise) and piano. Score, [1964?]. Further information in A catalogue of works of Robert Sherlaw Johnson, 2004.
- ASJ II/45 (RSJ 7). 'Amores' for Soprano solo, clarinet and piano (words, E.E. Cummings). 1964 version: working score, fair copy on tracing paper and in dyeline copy. 1975 version: score in ink (with corrections) and 3 dyeline copies (each annotated differently) with 1 further dyeline copy reduced to A4 and another copy reproduced on computer.
- ASJ II/57 (RSJ 15*). 'The ressuration of Feng-Huang' for Soprano solo and unaccompanied mixed voices (words, Kuo Mo-Jo, translated by Harold Acton and Ch'en Shih-Hsiang). Draft score in ink (including composer's note); photocopy of the same,  and clean copy in ink on tracing paper (with OUP copyright note, 1970). Further information in A catalogue of the works of Robert Sherlaw Johnson, 2004.
- 9 Feb 1953-1975
Language of Materials
MS. Mus. b. 511