Vocal music, sacred 3, [1965-1978]
MS. Mus. b. 509
- ASJ II/48 (RSJ 10). 'Sedit angelus, a motet for Easter Week (SATB with optional instruments)'. Score in ink, copy on tracing paper and 10 photocopies (each annotated differently either by the composer or the performer), [1965?].
- ASJII/ 55 (RSJ 14). Congregational mass for unison voices and keyboard (organ): Kyrie adapted from Kyrie XVI, Gloria, Credo, Sanctus (adapted from Sanctus XIII) and Agnus Dei (adapted from Agnus Dei XIV). Score in ink, [1967?].
- ASJ II/60 (RSJ 18). 'The praises of heaven and earth' for Soprano solo, electronic tape and piano (words from Psalm 148). 2 variants of ink graphic scores, with the 12-page version also in dyeline and photocopy. Typewritten performing notes are also present, .
- ASJ II/64 (RSJ 20*). 'Incarnatio', Antiphon 'Dum medium silentium' for unaccompanied SSATB with div. (words, Introit for the 2nd Sunday after Christmas). Score in ink , proofs in transparent and paper copy, and published copy, 1972.
- ASJ II/65 (RSJ 21). Anthem for the Trinity for SSA with organ ('suitable from Trinity Sunday until Advent'), . Manuscript score not extant. Present is photocopy of published score (London: Oxford University Press, 1973).
- ASJ II/71 (RSJ 25). 'Christus resurgens' for Soprano solo and SATB with div. (words, Latin text from Evensong during Easter Week (Sarum Rite) with English tropes (Biblical)). Score in ink with typed performance notes, , photocopy of score in the composer's hand and dyeline copy of score in a different hand with dedication. Further information in A catalogue of the works of Robert Sherlaw Johnson, 2004
- ASJ II/77 (RSJ 30). Festival mass of the Resurrection (first version) for SATB choir and small orchestra or organ. Score and incomplete vocal score in ink,  with photocopy of complete vocal score, n.d. Revisions of 1978 and 1986 not present. Further information in A catalogue of the works of Robert Sherlaw Johnson, 2004.
- ASJ II/78. Funeral rite, 189, 'I know that my redeemer liveth', Introit for soloists, unison choir, congregation and orchestra and/or organ. Score in ink, .
- ASJ II/86 (RSJ 36). Ritual mass 'Walsingham' for congregational unison voices and keyboard (organ). English words. Score in ink, 1976, with performance facsimiles of score and vocal parts. (There may be revised Sibelius version on computer disk, 2000?). Further information in A catalogue of the works of Robert Sherlaw Johnson, 2004.
- ASJ II/91. Festival mass of the Resurrection (second version) for SATB choir, congregation, small orchestra and organ. Complete score in ink, incomplete vocal score in ink, both [early 1980s] and a fragment (bars 53-74) possibly of the earlier version, .
Language of Materials
MS. Mus. b. 509