Collection of English pieces, Written in about 1630-1661
Collection of English pieces:
- Fol. 1. Part of sir Edward Walker's Journal of affairs in Scotland, 1650 ('and principles, in defence'--'some others of the Committee' pp. 168-189 of the 1707 edition), in the handwriting of the 2nd earl of Clarendon
- Fol. 9.. 'His Majesties Second Declaration ... concerning Ecclesiastical Affaires' (1661 ?)
- Fol. 25.. 'Of the Interest of Princes and States of Christendome', a political survey of Europe in about 1637, apparently by one who had much to do with the insurrection of the Grisons in that year
- Fol. 57. 'A nier Cursus Magnus, or, the ballance of Trade between then and now': 'Two Questions propos'd by a Friend ... Answered by Sr S: C written in about 1630-40 (?): beg. 'Since that of Intercursus Magnus.'
- Creation: Written in about 1630-1661
Language of Materials
MS. Clarendon 130
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 16216
15 1/4 × 10 3/8 in.