Copies of deeds from the family chartulary of Edmund Keighley of Goldsborough, esq. and Extracts from the chartularies, Written about 1620-1630 by Roger Dodsworth and others, written about 1634 by Roger Dodsworth and others
MS. Dodsworth 143, 1620-1630, 68 leaves: Copies of deeds from the family chartulary of Edmund Keighley of Goldsborough, esq., from the 13th cent., concerning:
- Land in Goldsborough, Creskeld in Otley, Pool, Castley, Bolton in Bowland, and other places in the West Riding of Yorkshire (fol. 1)
- Hanworth by Nocton in Lincolnshire, relating to the Deyncourt family with pedigree (fol. 25)
- Kencott and a chantry in Bampton in Oxfordshire (fol. 32v)
- Extracts from Pool manor court rolls, 1507-67 (fol. 38v)
- A letter from Richard Goldsborough, 1475, to his uncle, the second baron of the Exchequer, concerning obits of the lords of Tateshall from 1161 (fol. 56)
Fols. 1-40v and 68v are by Dodsworth. There is an index nominum at fol. xii.
MS. Dodsworth 144, 1634, 118 leaves: Extracts from the chartularies, including a number of 12th-cent. deeds, of:
- (fol. 1) Bolton-in-Craven, in the possession of William Ingleby of Ripley, esq., Aug. 7, 1634
- (fol. 81) Haverholm nunnery, in the possession of Robert, earl of Kingston, to whom it had been lent by Gervase Holles of Grimsby Magna, co. Lincs., Apr. 23, 1634
There is also a pedigree of Brus of Skelton (fol. 78v), 'Carmen equivocum' on Protestant and Roman Catholic doctrine: beg. 'I hold as faith' (fol. 98v), and extracts from archbishop Melton's register (fol. 105). At fol. 86v is a fine of 1179.
There is an index nominum at fol. v. Fols. 1-54, 78v-end are by Dodsworth.
- Creation: Written about 1620-1630 by Roger Dodsworth and others, written about 1634 by Roger Dodsworth and others
Language of Materials
MSS. Dodsworth 143, 144
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, nos. 5084-5085
MS. Dodsworth 143: ('Q')
MS. Dodsworth 144: ('QQ')
8 8/10 × 6 1/10 in.