Copies of Lancashire charters, Written about 1630-1636 by Roger Dodsworth and others
Copies of Lancashire charters from the evidences of:
- Fol. 9. sir Gilbert Hoghton, bart., relating to the manors of Gunolfsmoors or Hoghton, Assheton in Lee (families of Lee, Chernoke, and Fiton), Withnell (family of Wythenhull or Withnell), and other properties in Leyland and Amounderness hundreds
- Fol. 90. Thomas Hoghton of Pendleton
- Fol. 105. Robert Hesketh of Rufforth, concerning Rufforth and Harwood
- Fol. 113. Edward Calverley, esq., concerning Woden Magna, Woden Parva, Holcroft, and Winwick
- Fol. 129. Ralph Assheton of Middleton, esq., concerning Archer and Barton of Middleton, with notes from the transcript of a vellum coucher in the possession of Christopher Anderton, esq., of Lostock, which included a pedigree of Hilton of Farnwick to 1633 (fol. 145) and deeds of the Lever and Hilton families
- Fol. 153. Talbot of the Carr, with pedigree to 1633
- Fol. 161. John Holcroft of Morton, concerning the Ashton, Booth, and Pilkington families, and Hunt of Manchester
- Fol. 193. Richard Bolde of Bolde, esq., concerning his family and the Boldes of Chester
There are also:
- Fol. 1. notes from the Burscough chartulary in the Duchy of Lancaster Office, now Misc. bk. no. 6
- Fol. 119v. pedigrees of Holcroft to 1635 (fol. 119v), Gernet (fol. 122v), Norfolk of Barnsley, co. Yorks., and Buckley to 1634 (fol. 126), Vilers (fol. 148v)
- Fols. 224v, etc. church notes of Farnworth, in the parish of Prescot, deeds of North Meols, co. Lancs., from about A.D. 1200 (fol. 225), and notes from a transcript of Widnes court rolls, 27 Ed. iii-16 Ed. iv, concerning Danyell of Deresbury, Coudray, and Butler of Warrington
There is an index nominum at fol. v, not by Dodsworth. Fols. 76-84v and a few others are not by Dodsworth.
- Creation: Written about 1630-1636 by Roger Dodsworth and others
Language of Materials
MS. Dodsworth 142
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 5083
- See also Hunter's Three Catalogues , art. 4.
8 3/8 × 6 1/8 in.