'Collect' ex autent' record' per Rogerum Dodsworth, 1650', Written about 1640-1650 by Roger Dodsworth and others
'Collect' ex autent' record' per Rogerum Dodsworth, 1650', from public records, transcripts thereof, and private collections, including:
- Fol. 1. notes by Dodsworth from the cartae of 1166 in the Red Book of the Exchequer, printed in the Rolls Series, vol. i, p. 186; further extracts are in MS. Dodsworth 90
- Fols. 40, 98. extracts by Dodsworth and another from the Hundred rolls for Lincolnshire (fol. 40), and Cambridgeshire and Huntingdonshire (fol. 98), as printed
- Fol. 88. notes from a calendar of plea rolls, temp. Ed. iii, described as 'ex brevibus regis abstractis per W. Collet' (fol. 96)
- Fol. 103. 'In Mr Sampson Erdeswikes Description of Staffordshire, MS, begun 1593, continued to his death who dyed att Sandon iuxta Stafford, 1603'
- Fol. 115. notes from a collection of abstracts from patent rolls, temp. John, inquisitiones post mortem, temp. Ed. iii, and Norman rolls
- Fol. 140. brief genealogical notes from the chartularies of Legbourne priory, Sawley priory (fol. 141), and Nun Cotham, now MS. Top. Lincs. d. 1 (fol. 145)
- Fol. 150. a pedigree of Archer 'in libro transcriptorum cartarum domini Simonis Archer de Vmberslade in com' Warwick, militis, 10 Jan. 1649'
Fols. 1-60, 88-93, 95-106, 115-24, 131-45, 180-end are by Dodsworth. There is an index of names at fol. iii.
(fols. 34-9 are missing)
- Creation: Written about 1640-1650 by Roger Dodsworth and others
Language of Materials
MS. Dodsworth 89
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 5030
('Q' in square)
- See also Hunter's Three Catalogues , artt. 7, 11.
11 1/2 × 7 1/8 in.