A short account of the nations of Europe and their finances, Written late in the 16th century
A short account of the nations of Europe and their finances, chiefly based on Relazioni by Venetian ambassadors, 1548-76, in Italian:
- Fol. 1. England, by Giovanni Michiel, 1557.
- Fol. 6. Germany and Spain, by Federico Badoero, 1558, also Naples (fol. 17v): followed at fol. 22 by a catalogue of princes of Germany, 1582, in Latin.
- Fol. 27. Germany ('Del stato de Re de Romani'), by Lorenzo Contarini, 1548.
- Fol. 29. Portugal [by Constantino di Garzoni].
- Fol. 34v. France, by Giovanni Correro, 1569.
- Fol. 40. Poland, by Girolamo Lippamano, 1574, and (fol. 45) Muscovy.
- Fol. 50. Turkey, by Marc' Antonio Barbara, 1573, and (fol. 70) Giacomo Soranzo, 1578; followed by Tartary (fol. 72) and Persia(fol.73).
- Fol. 74. Rome, by Bernardo Navagiero, 1558, cf. fol. 94v; Savoy, by Andrea Boldu, 1562 (fol. 77); Florence, by Andrea Gussoni, 1576 (fol. 80); Venice  and smaller cities of North Italy (fol. 97).
- Creation: Written late in the 16th century
Language of Materials
MS. Arch. Selden B. 12
Old Selden mark = B. 28
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 3358
'Gilberto Davis' is on the outside cover, 17th cent.
Manuscript 3372 acquired by the Bodleian Library
12 1/4 × 8 1/2 in.