Catalogues of Greek and other MSS. (and printed books) in European libraries, Made up of several MSS. written in the 16th and 17th century
MS. Arch. Selden B. 6
Catalogues of Greek and other MSS. (and printed books) in European libraries:
- Late 16th century, (fol. 1). 'Index librorum Graecorum qui servantur calamo exarati in Bibliotheca Palatina Electorali', at Heidelberg, now chiefly or entirely in the Vatican, 403 MSS., written in three hands: a copy of the catalogue drawn up by Friedrich Sylburg c. 1584. Fol. 2 is imperfect, through damp.
- Late 16th century, (fol. 52). 'LibriGræci manuscripti Bibliothecæ Cæsareæ Viennensis', then, added, '1579', in order of subjects, followed by lists of printed and manuscript Oriental books, Hebrew, Syriac, Arabic, etc. in the same library (fol. 67v).
- Late 16th century, (fol. 72). 'Index Bibliothecæ Vaticanæ', a list of Greek MSS. contained in eight τράπεζαι, in Greek, but written by a 'scriba τwν 'Eλληνικwν minus peritus'.
- Late 16th century, (fol. 136). 'Catalogus librorum manuscriptorum [et impressorum] Bibliothecæ Monacensis Græcæ'; the date 1589 occurs on fol. 166v; (fol. 166v). 'Libri M.S. in Bibliotheca Viennensi, 1597', a list of Greek MSS.
- Early 17th century, (fol. 170). 'Index Bibliothecæ Venetæ siue Bessarionis lists of Greek and Latin MSS. in the Marcian library at Venice as in no. 3334 art. 1; (fol. 201v). 'Libri MSS. in Bibliotheca Bassiliensi', a list of twenty-four Greek MSS. at Bâle (?).
- Early 17th century, (fol. 204). 'Librorum qui extant in Bibliotheca Medicea Florentiæ ad Diui Laurentij pluteis 88 comprehensorurn', a list of MSS. of all kinds: with a preface dated March 5. 1607.
- Made up of several MSS. written in the 16th and 17th century
MS. Arch. Selden B. 6
Old Selden mark = B. 6
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 3336
Manuscript 3350 acquired by the Bodleian Library
13 1/4 × 9 in.