Theological pieces, written late in the 15th cent. in France
- (fol. 1) 'Modus viuendi': beg. 'Ad nobiles': a treatise pointing out the duties of different classes of society
- (fol. 2) 'Modus confitendi circa Jeronimum', beg. 'Sacerdos igitur.'
- (fol. 8) ' Speculum ecclesie': beg. 'Si quis vult scire': a manual of the method of conducting the Mass and other services
- (fol. 40) 'Summa de modo Confitendi', the verses beginning Poeniteas cito with prose commentary. At end ' I. Rotondocampo.'
- (fol. 51) 'Hec que sequuntur sunt communiora & magis necessaria extracta a statutis sinodalibus ...', in French: beg. 'Il nous est commandet de par notre souuerain monsieur de Cambray', words which show connexion with the diocese of Cambrai. At fol. 59v follow some Latin notanda about the duties of priests in various services. On fol. 75v a 16th cent. hand has added a distich supposed to be uttered by a bell: beg. 'Laudo Deum.'.
- Creation: written late in the 15th cent. in France
Language of Materials
MS. Douce 263
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no 21837
Our best descriptions for medieval items in this collection are in Medieval Manuscripts in Oxford Libraries under MSS. Douce.
7 3/4 × 5 1/8 in.