A Franciscan Breviary written in France, with French rubrics, written chiefly in the 14th cent. in France
- (fol. 1) a French calendar
- (fol. 7) Psalter with canticles, litany, etc.
- (fol. 78) Proprium de Tempore (imperfect at beginning)
- (fol. 317) Proprium Sanctorum (imperfect at beginning)
- (fol. 492) 'Commune Sanctorum'.
Some early 15th cent. additions of services are at fol. 530, with a 'Vita sancti Francisci', etc. divided into lections (fol. 557): and a later 'Rubrica Parisiensis' about Sundays is at fol. 586. Leaves are wanting after fols. 77 (two), 226, 255, 316, 577: fol. 267 should follow fol. 420. See Frere's Bibl. Mus.-Liturg., fasc. 1, p. 26.
- Creation: written chiefly in the 14th cent. in France
592 leaves, in double columns
Language of Materials
MS. Douce 245
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no 21819
Our best descriptions for medieval items in this collection are in Medieval Manuscripts in Oxford Libraries under MSS. Douce.
On parchment, with several small miniatures in capitals, borders, etc.
7 1/4 × 5 1/2 in.