Treatises copied or composed by Sebaldus Adloff of Breslau (Wratislavia), written in about 1530-1540 by S. Adloff
- medical (including the Secretum Secretorum. attributed to Aristotle, fol. 7)
- on the virtues of stones ('de Lapidum sculpturis secundum quendam Techel philozophum Iudeorum', fol. 23)
- historical (Roman emperors, 1313-1533, fol. 29: kings and dukes of Bohemia and Poland, 1001-1533, 967-1519, fols. 33, 43c)
- miscellanea, (421-1533, fol. 46d).
These are pp. 144-214 of a larger volume, and are interspersed with curious engravings of and by the writer, often with his monogram S. A. W.: there are also two large folded diagrams.
- Creation: written in about 1530-1540 by S. Adloff
Language of Materials
MS. Douce 85
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no 21659
Our best descriptions for medieval items in this collection are in Medieval Manuscripts in Oxford Libraries under MSS. Douce.
8 1/2 × 6 1/4 in.