Parts of a Manual (?), apparently for the use of the Austin Canons of Bodmin, written in the first half of the 15th cent. in England
- (fol. 1) 'Incipiunt septem Psalmi penitenciales', with litany
- (fol. 19v) 'Ordo qualiter catazizentur infantes', the order of baptism, with some exorcisms: imperfect at end
- (fol. 37) Eight leaves of two prayers before the Holy Communion, imperfect at beginning and end
- (fols. 45, 93, 105) Parts of the Office for the Dead, with musical notes.
In the list of saints in the litany, stt. Petroc and Augustine occur twice, and at fol. 78a is 'vsus Sarum': these notes indicate the priory at Bodmin, cf. fol. 19v.
- Creation: written in the first half of the 15th cent. in England
Language of Materials
MS. Douce 22
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no 21596
Our best descriptions for medieval items in this collection are in Medieval Manuscripts in Oxford Libraries under MSS. Douce.
Owned by 'Rycharde Baker' and 'Wyllyam Bery' in the 16th cent. (fols. 91v, 92).
On parchment, imperfect
5 1/8 × 3 5/8 in.