Papers and extracts relating to the Greek Anthology, written in the first half of the 18th cent.
Made up of several papers, comprising:
- (fol. 4) A copy of a French letter from--La Monnoye (?), containing some Latin notes (dated 1701) on bp. Huet's poems and on his 'Notæ ad Anthologiam Epigrammatum Græcorum.'
- (fol. 9) Excerpts from a Milan MS. (no. 110), consisting of some Greek epigrams
- (fol. 10) Copies of some Latin notes 'in primis pagellis Anthologiæ manu Gueti [Francisci Guyeti ?] notatæ.'
- (fol. 45) 'In Anthologiam ineditam Excerpta Ismaelis Bouillaud 1730. Accepi a cl. Camusato Gallo', a note by D'Orville
- (fol. 53) Some Latin verse translations of Greek epigrams by Huidecoper
- (fol. 57) Some similar translations and notes of Ant. Mar. Salvinus, sent at Henry Newton's request to Jean le Clerc (autograph).
- Creation: written in the first half of the 18th cent.
Language of Materials
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453)
MS. D'Orville 243
Auct. X. 1. inf. 1. 10
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no 17121
9 3/4 × 7 1/2 in.