Extracts and papers relating to the Greek Anthology, written in the first half of the 18th cent.
Made up of several pieces, comprising:
- (fol. 1) The Εκφρασις τοὔ πίνακος of Johannes Gazaeus, wanting the first 119 lines and beginning 'ὄμπνιον αἴγλψ | Kαὶ φλόγα κουφίζωύ, followed at fol. 10 by various epigrams
- fol. 18) Thirty-four epigrams 'ex Excerptis Ismaelis Bouillaud 1730.'
- (fol. 22) Ten epigrams, one in French
- (fol. 23) 'Ex Anthologia Epigrammata in Latinum versa ab Antonio Maria Salvinio.'
- (fol. 32) A few critical notes on some Greek epigrams, in Latin.
- Creation: written in the first half of the 18th cent.
Language of Materials
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453)
MS. D'Orville 239
Auct. X. 1. inf. 1. 6
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no 17117
13 5/8 × 9 1/2 in.