'... Die Vrouwe Ghetijde', written in the 15th cent. in the Netherlands
Preceded by a Calendar (fol. 2) and followed by:
- (fol. 44v) the Penitential Psalms and Litany
- (fol. 59) '... die Vighelie'
- (fol. 95v) '... Die Ghetide vander Ewigher Wijsheit'
- (fol. 117v) '... die grote Ghetide vanden Heilighen Cruce'
- (fol. 141v) '...die Ghetide vanden Heylighen Gheest'
- (fol. 154v) some prayers
Almost all is in Dutch. The honour paid to Stt. Odulphus, Willibrord and Lebuinus (Livinus) in the Calendar and Litany point to Utrecht or its neighbourhood.
- Creation: written in the 15th cent. in the Netherlands
Language of Materials
- Dutch; Flemish
MS. D'Orville 213
Auct. X. 1. 6. 24
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no 17091
Our best descriptions for medieval items in this collection are in Medieval Manuscripts in Oxford Libraries under MSS. D'Orville.
On parchment, with illuminated capitals, borders. Binding: contemporary brown leather with blind tooling in straight lines, the clasps are lost
5 × 3 3/4 in.