A Breviary according to the use of York, Written late in the 14th century
A Breviary according to the use of York, in Latin, consisting of:
- The Psalter (fol. 7, but some leaves are wanting at the beginning which at present is in Ps. lxvi. [lxv of the Vulgate] in the Feria 4a ad Matutinas)
- Commune Sanctorum (fol. 31)
- The Proprium Sanctorum as far as the Octave of St Martin (fol. 54) with musical notes
- Creation: Written late in the 14th century
Language of Materials
MS. Gough Liturg. 1
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 18328
- About 23 leaves are wanting in the body of the MS., of which details will be found in W. H. Frere's Bibliotheca Musico-Liturgica, fasc. 1 (1894), p. 14.
On parchment, mutilated
18 1/8 × 14 1/4 in.