Miscellaneous letters and dissertations relating to Wales, Written in the 18th century
MS. Gough Wales 8
Miscellaneous letters and dissertations relating to Wales:
- Fol. 4. Twelve letters from John Hutchinson to dr. John Woodward, May-July 1706
- Fol. 29. Twelve letters from Benjamin Holloway to dr. J. Woodward, 1719-27/8, one in Latin, chiefly about the former's translation of the latter's Historia Telluris (1726)
- Fol. 51. Twelve letters or papers from Charles Hay of Brecon to John Strange, 1769-77: another of 29 Nov. 1783 is at fol. 292, and one of 4 Nov. 1770 at fol. 391
- Fol. 75. County and church notes of Glamorganshire, with some drawings of old stone monuments, and three letters from J. G. Aubrey to J. Strange, Aug.-Nov. 1769: and (fol. 104) some notes on Welsh antiquities
- Fol. 166. Two copies of Strange's Account of antiquities in Brecknockshire (Lond. 1769), and A further Account (1774), with notes and additions by the author. At fol. 200 are three letters from dr. Jeremiah Mills to John Strange, 1773-5
- Fol. 226. 'An Account of some remains of Roman and other antiquities in Monmouthshire ... by John Strange ...', 1774, followed by a printed copy of it with notes
- Fol. 296. Miscellaneous papers on the physical geography and antiquities of Wales by J. Strange, with a few drawings, a plan of Tenby bay, etc.
- Written in the 18th century
MS. Gough Wales 8
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 18301
13 × 9 1/8 in.