A Register of the hospital of St. Mary at Great Yarmouth, Written in about 1400, and in 1614 by H. Manship
A Register of the hospital of St. Mary at Great Yarmouth, containing:
- Fols. 1, 24. The foundation and other charters of the hospital, to 1398, in Latin
- Fol. 14v. 'Rentale hospitalis beate Marie ...', 23 Apr. 1398: cf. fol. 27
- Fol. 28v. '... The constitucionys & ordinaunces mad & ordined to be kept in the hospitall ... among the brederyn & systeryn ...'
- Fol. 32. A translation into English of all the preceding documents which are in Latin, made by Henry Manship in 1614
- Creation: Written in about 1400, and in 1614 by H. Manship
Language of Materials
MS. Gough Norfolk 20
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 18076
Delivered on 15 Feb. 17 0/1 9/0 from the Town Clerk's office in Great Yarmouth to Henry Borrett.
On parchment, binding, stamped leather with 'Great Yarmouth', with bosses, angle-pieces and clasp fittings, some injured, of about A.D. 1400
10 1/8 × 7 1/2 in.