Collection of four Latin and English MSS., Written in the 17th century
- Written in 1656. (fol. 3). 'Institutio Sanctæ Linguæ, 1656, V. B[ythnerus]', a copy of a Hebrew grammar in 14 chapters
- Written in 1666. (fol. 19). Discussions on legal points, by a club meeting at Lyons Inn, London, 17, 20, 22 Feb., 9 Mar. 1664/5, 12 July 1666
- Written soon after 1666. (fol. 32). Copies of 'Letters concerning the great Fire in London, Sept. 1666', three, 24 and 29 Sept., 3 Oct. 1666, dated from the Middle Temple: the first beg. 'Dear Sir, Did I not imagine the common reports.'
- 17th century. (fol. 42). 'Indulgentiæ concessæ a sanctissimo D. N. rebus infraseriatis, ad instantiam Collegij Anglorum.'
The volume contains several printed treatises, and has been Gough London 239, art. 3 alone constituting the old MS. Gough London 14.
- Creation: Written in the 17th century
Language of Materials
MS. Gough London 14
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 18039
6 1/2 × 4 1/4 in.