A collection of mixed printed and manuscript papers relating to Hertfordshire, 16th-18th century
A collection of mixed printed and manuscript papers relating to Hertfordshire. Among the latter are:
- Notes by E. H. on arms, etc., in St. Michael's church at St. Alban's, 15 June 1770
- Three letters from H. G. Oldfield about coloured drawings of the county, 1798-9
- An original declaration about inclosure at Kensworth, 9 Apr. 1584
- A series of notes on Chauncy's History of Hertfordshire
- A description of Theobald's in 1583, etc.
- Creation: 16th-18th century
Language of Materials
Gough Herts 13
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 17938
Some of the papers are by Gough.