A copy of the Essex part of Cox's Magna Britannia, 17th-18th century
A copy of the Essex part of Cox's Magna Britannia (pp. 649-754), interleaved, with many manuscript additions, including:
- A parchment Latin deed of about A.D. 1200, by which Henry rector of South Weald (Walda) gives license to the abbot and convent of Waltham to build a chapel 'infra septa curie sue de Walda'
- 'Copy of Mr Wights (the Independent preacher at Haveringwell meeting) excommunicacion of John Farome and Will. Nutting', in the hand of dr. William Derham, sen.
- A business letter from Will. Limbree and Henry Meggs in Aleppo to Anthony Abdy, 21 Sept. 1635
- Notes by the rev. John Lloyd, rector of Stapleford Tawney
- Creation: 17th-18th century
Language of Materials
Gough Essex 7
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 17918