Collections by the rev. John Hutchins (d. 1773) towards a history of Dorset: Miscellaneous notes and papers, Written in about the middle of the 18th century, chiefly by J. Hutchins
Collections by the rev. John Hutchins (d. 1773) towards a history of Dorset: Miscellaneous notes and papers. Consisting chiefly of many notebooks bound together, including:
- Lists of sheriffs to 1751, not in Hutchins' hand (fol. 3)
- A chronology to 1645 (fol. 34)
- A dedication of the History by Hutchins (fol. 127)
- An etching of Stalbridge cross by Gough, 1763, with other papers by him (fol. 151)
- Copies of Domesday for Dorset (fols. 199b, 254, see MS. Gough Dorset 36(2), fol. 342)
- Pedigrees (fol. 321), etc.
- Creation: Written in about the middle of the 18th century, chiefly by J. Hutchins
Language of Materials
MS. Gough Dorset 36(1)
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 17901
13 5/8 × 9 in.