Letters, chiefly to the Gentleman's Magazine or to R. Gough on subjects of English antiquities, Written in 1719-1805
Letters, chiefly to the Gentleman's Magazine or to R. Gough on subjects of English antiquities (with some drafts of letters from Gough, 1782-99), written in 1753-1805, with a few earlier, arranged chronologically: the chief are from:
- Ashby, George, 17 Dec. 1777.
- Bray, William, 22 Jan. 1797.
- Brooke, J. C., three, 1775-90.
- Campbell, Thomas, 1 July 1788.
- Cheney, Selina, 22 Aug. 1796, with drawings.
- Cole, William, five, 1781-2.
- Ellis, sir Henry, two, 1797.
- Fenn, sir John, five, 1782-3.
- Halfpenny, Joseph, five, 1795-7.
- Johnson, Maurice, of Spalding, 14 Oct. 1719.
- Ord, Craven, four, 1784-92.
- Pegge, Samuel, 8 July 1783.
- Thorndon, Charles, 1 Nov. 1791.
At fol. 79 is a letter from Gough to dr. John Price, Bodley's Librarian, 26 Oct. 1783, bought in 1889.
- Creation: Written in 1719-1805
Language of Materials
MS. Gough Gen. Top. 32
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 17621
14 1/8 × 9 3/4 in.