'...Breuiarium secundum consuetudinem Romane curie', Written in the second half of the 15th century in North Italy
'...Breuiarium secundum consuetudinem Romane curie', apparently for Augustinian use, consisting of:
- A calendar (fol. 1)
- Proprium de Tempore (fol. 7)
- Psalter with canticles, etc. (fol. 187)
- 'Hymni tam dominicales quam festiui' (fol. 244v)
- Proprium ('festiuitates') Sanctorum, with minor offices (fol. 267)
- Creation: Written in the second half of the 15th century in North Italy
Language of Materials
MS. Canon. Liturg. 388
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no. 19470
'Armellinae familise' (16th cent.): a note on the family by Canonici is at fol. ii.
On parchment, in double columns, with many good miniatures, borders, capitals, etc., binding, red leather on boards, with stamped gold design (16th cent. ?, Italian)
16 × 11 1/2 in.