'...Breuiarium diuini officii secundum ordinem Cisterciensem', Written in the 15th century in Italy
'...Breuiarium diuini officii secundum ordinem Cisterciensem', consisting of:
- A calendar (fol. 1)
- Collects (fol. 7)
- Proprium de Tempore ('breuiarium dominicale': fol. 11)
- Proprium Sanctorum (fol. 135)
- Commune Sanctorum (fol. 227v)
- 'Psalterium' with canticles, litany, etc. (fol. 258v)
- 'Hymnaritim Ambrosianum secundum consuetudinem Cistelle' (fol. 326v)
- 'Officium Mortuorum', etc. (fol. 340)
'Dedicatio ecclesie' is on June 1 in the calendar. There are many medallion shaped miniatures in the lower margins.
- Creation: Written in the 15th century in Italy
Language of Materials
MS. Canon. Liturg. 343
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no. 19429
- See Frere, Bibl. Mus.-Liturg. p. 39.
On parchment, in double columns, with miniatures, illuminated borders, capitals, etc., binding, stamped leather on boards (16th cent.?), the back new
11 1/8 × 8 1/4 in.