Epistles and Gospels throughout the year, Written in about A.D. 1200 in Germany (?)
Epistles and Gospels throughout the year, partly in an abbreviated form giving first words only:
- The Proprium de Tempore begins on fol. 1 with the Epiphany (some leaves appear to be wanting)
- The Proprium Sanctorum on fol. 136v
- The Commune Sanctorum on fol. 161
- miscellaneous at fol. 181
- The hymn 'Exultet iam angelica turba celorum', with musical notes, is added in a 13th cent. hand, at fol. 193
- At fol. 195 is the note 'Anno Domini Mo cclv xii Kal. April. Concessi sunt hic lib... Amo ... eñ conuentu domino Walstipp & domino Ottauiano .iiii. scilicet epistolarium & Evangelistarium in i uolumine missale .i. duo matutinalia.'
- Creation: Written in about A.D. 1200 in Germany (?)
Language of Materials
MS. Canon. Liturg. 324
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no. 19413
9 1/4 × 6 1/2 in.