'...Offitium beate Virginis Marie secundum curiam Romanam', Written in the 15th century in Italy
'...Offitium beate Virginis Marie secundum curiam Romanam', preceded by a calendar (fol. 1), and followed by:
- Creeds, prayers, and hymns (fol. 74b) including a set of 15 prayers (fol. 99: each beginning with O, but not the '15 Oes')
- Penitential Psalms with litany (fol. 113b)
- 'Offitium sancte Crucis' (fol. 133)
- 'Offitium Sancti Spiritus' (fol. 138d)
- 'Offitium in agenda Mortuorum' (fol. 145b)
- 'Absolute incipitur psalterium [S. Hieronymi]' (fol. 186)
A later set of prayers is added on fol. 203f. On a shield on fol. 13 are the initials 'R. Z', R. no doubt standing for 'Raynaldus', see fol. 88.
- Creation: Written in the 15th century in Italy
Language of Materials
MS. Canon. Liturg. 270
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no. 19372
On parchment, with a few small miniatures, borders, etc.
5 5/8 × 4 1/8 in.