'...Officium beate Marie Virginis', Written in the 15th century in North Italy
'...Officium beate Marie Virginis' according to the use of Rome, wanting the first leaf: preceded by a calendar (fol. 1) and followed by:
- 'Officium paruum Sancte Crucis compylatum a papa Iohanne xx[ii]o...' (fol. 103v)
- The cxixth (Roman cxviiith) psalm (fol. 108v)
- Penitential Psalms with litany (fol. 135)
- Prayers, and 'Officium Mortuorum' (fol. 179)
On fols. 1, 13 'S' Mauritio (16th cent.). This is not certainly a Canonici book.
- Creation: Written in the 15th century in North Italy
Language of Materials
MS. Canon. Liturg. 266
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no. 19368
On parchment, with two small miniatures, borders, etc., binding, stamped leather on boards, with some gilt ornament, with clasp, Italian
5 1/8 × 3 5/8 in.