'...Hore beate Marie Virginis secundum vsum Romane [ecclesie]', Written in the 15th century in the Netherlands (?)
'...Hore beate Marie Virginis secundum vsum Romane [ecclesie]', preceded by:
- A Calendar (fol. 1)
- 'Hore sancte Crucis' (fol. 13)
- 'Hore de Sancto Spiritu' (fol. 17)
- 'Missa beate Marie' (fol. 21)
- The Penitential Psalms with Litany (fol. 88)
- 'Vigilie Mortuorum' (fol. 108), etc.
Some leaves have been cut out, as after fols. 16, 34, 47, 107, cf. 13. The Calendar points to the Netherlands, having Amandus (Feb. 6), Eligius (June 25 and Dec. 1), Bavo (Oct. 1), and Donatian (Oct. 14) in red.
- Creation: Written in the 15th century in the Netherlands (?)
Language of Materials
MS. Canon. Liturg. 233
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no. 19342
On parchment, binding, red leather with gold tooling (17th cent.?), with illuminated borders, etc.
3 5/8 × 2 3/4 in.