'Hore beate Marie Virginis secundum usum Romanum', Written in the 15th century in France (?)
'Hore beate Marie Virginis secundum usum Romanum', preceded by:
- A Calendar (fol. 4)
- 'Hore de Sancto Spiritu' (fol 16)
- 'Missa beate Marie' (fol. 22)
- The Penitential Psalms with Litany (fol. 124)
- 'Hore de sancta Cruce' (fol. 150)
- 'Vigilie Mortuorum' (fol. 160)
- Some later Italian prayers occupy foll. 213v-217r.
The Calendar seems to point to Rheims.
- Creation: Written in the 15th century in France (?)
Language of Materials
MS. Canon. Liturg. 231
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no. 19341
On parchment, with illuminated borders, etc., worn
3 1/2 × 2 3/4 in.