'...Breuiarium secundum ritum sacrosancte Romane ecclesie', Written chiefly at the beginning of the 15th century at Ravenna
'...Breuiarium secundum ritum sacrosancte Romane ecclesie', consisting of:
- A Calendar (fol. 1)
- Psalter, etc. (fol. 10)
- Proprium de Tempore, with benedictions (fol. 80)
- Proprium ('festiuitates') Sanctorum (fol. 327)
- 'Commune Sanctorum' (fol. 487) with smaller offices, including that of the Virgin (fol. 512)
- 'In agenda Mortuorum' (fol. 518)
The Calendar is of Ravenna. Much of the volume is palimpsest, written over at least two erased MSS. (1) of the 13th cent., perhaps a Canon Law treatise, (2) of the 12th cent., a theological work. Words from the first are' notificauerat quod eam uolebat... conferre aut interdixerat ne conferret ... seu illam sue reseruauerat collationi' (fol. 21): and from the second 'uerba legis. complicantes ea et ligantes infronte. et quasi coronam capit ...' (fol. 261), 'uerbum non de secularibus sed de regno Dei' (fol. 319).
- Creation: Written chiefly at the beginning of the 15th century at Ravenna
Language of Materials
MS. Canon. Liturg. 167
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no. 19297
- See Frere, Bibl. Mus.-Lit. , p. 20.
On parchment, largely palimpsest, in double columns
6 3/4 × 5 1/4 in.