A Franciscan Breviary, Written in the 15th century in Italy
A Franciscan Breviary 'secundum ritum ac formam Romane Curie', consisting of:
- A Calendar and Rubrics (fol. 24b)
- Proprium de Tempore (foll, 1, 42c, 379, imperfect)
- Psalter with Canticles (fol. 158)
- 'Ympni ordine dicendi ... secundum Romanam Curiam' (fol. 211e)
- 'Proprium Sanctorum' (fol. 222)
- 'Commune Sanctorum', and 'Ordo officii ad benedicendum mensam' or 'Benedictiones mense' (fol. 376)
The order being disturbed as the volume is at present bound. The Calendar is Roman, not Franciscan: and the entries of St. Zeno on Apr. 12, May 21, and Dec. 8 in red prove a connexion with Verona.
- Creation: Written in the 15th century in Italy
Language of Materials
MS. Canon. Liturg. 166
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no. 19296
On fol. 378bv 'Questo libro sie delle monache da Murâ' (16th cent. ?).
- See Frere, Bibl. Mus.-Lit. , p. 28.
On parchment, in double columns
6 1/2 × 4 3/4 in.