'...Officium beate Virginis Marie cum mutationibus ordinatis', Written in the 15th century in Italy
'...Officium beate Virginis Marie cum mutationibus ordinatis', according to Roman use preceded by a Calendar (Jan.-Apr. wanting: fol. 1), and followed by:
- The 'Officium Crucis editum ... a ... Iohanne papa xxii ... ' (fol. 90)
- 'Missa beate Virginis Marie' (fol. 93v)
- 'Officium Mortuorum' (fol. 98)
- The Penitential Psalms with Litany (imperfect at end: fol. 150)
The occurrence in the Calendar of Stt. Henry of Treviso (June 10) and Homobonus of Cremona (Nov. 13) point to North Italy. A leaf is lost after fol. 7.
- Creation: Written in the 15th century in Italy
Language of Materials
MS. Canon. Liturg. 31
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no. 19241
On parchment, with illuminated capitals, etc., imperfect
4 3/8 × 3 1/4 in.