Papers of Giles Barber relating to French papermaking and printing, 1972-2011 and n.d. [c.1950-2010]
- 'Les papeteries Couserannaises avant 1800', notes relating to papermaking in the Couserans and in other parts of France, 1976-2004 and n.d. [c.2004]
- 'Fournier 1742', sheets from Caractères de l'Imprimerie, Nouvellement Gravés Par S.P. Fournier le jeune, Graveur & Fondeur de Caractères (Paris, 1742), described as 'printed by about 30 members of the P[rinting] H[istorical] S[ociety] on the large Albion and Columbian presses in the St. Bride Printing Library Museum in the winter of 1971/2'. With explanatory notes by David Chambers, Apr 1976. 1972-1976.
- teaching notes and illustrations relating to printing, 1993 and n.d. [c.1990]
- notes and papers relating to printing, n.d. [c.2000]
- 'Pochoir', notes and photocopies of extracts from publications relating to the use of the 'pochoir' technique of stencilling, 2008-2010 and n.d. [c.2010]
- correspondence relating to the identification of 'Note explicative pour reproduire un dessin en Chromo-lithographie', [c.1867], an item purchased by Giles and Dr. Lisa Barber at an antiquarian fair in Toulouse, 2011. The item was later acquired by Michael Twyman, Professor Emeritus of the Department of Typography and Graphic Communication at the University of Reading (information from Dr. Lisa Barber).
- 'Toulouse / B[ibliothèque d']E[tude et du] P[atrimoine]', notes relating to, and photocopies of images of, 16th century French printers and printing presses, n.d. [c.2005]
- 'Paper', correspondence, papers and publications relating to paper and papermaking, 1987-2004 and n.d. [c.1950-1990], including notes by Barber on 'Le papier en France au XVIIIe siècle', n.d. [c.2004]
- 1972-2011 and n.d. [c.1950-2010]
1 box (8 folders)
Language of Materials