Personal correspondence, mostly from literary figures, 1926-2001
- Folder 1: Letters from Sayers to Leslie Yodaiken [later Daiken], including letters regarding relations with T.S. Eliot, 1926-1937. Also a letter to Leslie Yodaiken from Mentana Sayers, 1949.
- Folder 2: Letters to Sayers from T.S. Eliot, and photocopies of letters to Eliot from Sayers, 1930-1937.
- Folder 3: Letters to Sayers from Ezra Pound, 1935-1936.
- Folder 4: Letters to Sayers from Rayner Heppenstall, 1936-1946.
- Folder 5: Two letters to Michael Sayers from George Orwell, Nov-Dec 1945.
- Folder 6: Correspondence, including with Ted Allan, Mary Barnard, Jerrold Beim, Norman Bel Geddes, George Bilainkin, Marguerite Caetani, Arthur Calder-Marshall, Ilka Chase, Malcolm Cowley, F.W. Dupee, Kip [Clifton] Fadiman, Waldo Frank, Fehmi Gerçeker, Oliver St. John Gogarty, Fred Haines, Augy Hayter, Albert E. Kahn, Whitford Kane, Joseph Wood Krutch, Mary Manning, Michael Noyk, Edna O'Brien, Anthony Quinn, Herbert Read, Ernst Toller, Alec Waugh, Thornton Wilder, Walter Winchell, and others, 1930-2001.
1 box (6 folders)
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
Originals of the letters from Sayers to T.S. Eliot in folder 2 held in the Faber and Faber and Valerie Eliot Archives, 1930-1937.