(Early) career, 1927-1998
MS. Gowans 2
Correspondence and papers relating to Gowans's (early) career:
- Folder 1: Florey and Mellanby. Correspondence with Howard Florey and Edward Mellanby, 1947. Also includes later correspondence, articles and memorabilia relating to Florey, including his death, memorial service, biography, memorial and portrait, 1963-1998, and offprints of scientific papers by Florey, 1927-1947.
- Folder 2: Early career. Exchange studentship to Pasteur Institute, Paris, 1952-1953; appointment as Staines Medical Research Fellow Exeter College Oxford, 1955; 'Proposal for future work to MRC 1959-60' relating to work on the circulation, lifecycle and immunological activity of lymphocytes, c.1959.
- Folder 3: Henry Dale Research Professor of the Royal Society, 1962-1977, including letters from Sir Henry Dale and Peter Medawar.
- Folder 4: Delegate to Oxford University Press and other board and committee appointments at the University of Oxford and Faculty of Physiological Sciences, 1970-1982; other (academic) advisory boards, including University of London, King's College Hospital Medical School, Institute of Animal Technicians, 1975-1984. (=Res.)
- Folder 5: Job offers and positions declined, 1959-1986, including Professorship at Dunn School of Pathology as Howard Florey's successor, 1963.
1 box (5 folders)
Conditions Governing Access
Some folders are closed. These are marked as (=Res.).
MS. Gowans 2