Business correspondence, 1982-2006
- Miscellaneous correspondence, unordered, 1984-2000. Includes letters from: the Guildford School of Acting, 1995; Thom Gunn, 1997; Dennis O'Driscoll, 1988; Les Murray, 1998; Glyn Maxwell, 1992; Gavin Ewart (including manuscript and typescript poems), 1989-1995; Don Paterson, 1998; The Arts Council of England, 2000; GQ, 1990-1993; Michael Symmons Roberts, 1992; Douglas Dunn, 1989-1992; Robert Crawford, 1999; and The Arts Foundation, 1993. Also includes: letter of reappointment as Junior Lecturer from Magdalen College, Oxford, 17 Jul 1986; typescript poem 'The Gender of the Poet' by Jennifer Compton, n.d.; and various contracts, 1999.
- Two loose letters, 1987-1990, regarding possible publications.
- Correspondence with: The British Council, 1990-1996; The South Bank Show, 1994; Poetry Society, 1994; Oxford Companion to Twentieth-Century Poetry, 1991; Condé Nast Traveller, 1998 (with contract); The South Bank Centre, 1994 (with contract); Wingate Scholarships, 1992; Polygon, 2001; Esquire (two contracts), 1995; and Times Literary Supplement, 1987-2000.
- Letter from Dennis O'Driscoll, with enclosures [mainly copy newspaper cuttings, 1982-1991], 10 Aug 1992.
- Letter from Nick Orengo with three typescript fair copy poems, 1 Apr 1993.
- Folder of miscellaneous notes and correspondence, 2003-2006. Includes: letter from The Royal Society of Literature, 20 Nov 2003; computer printout of Najwa Nimri Lyrics (based on poem by Mick Imlah), 2003; email printout from Peter Stothard, 6 Feb 2003; letter from Barbara Everett regarding Pericles, 21 Mar 2006; fair typescript copy of 'Untitled' by Peter Reading, n.d.; copy of freelance contract with The Guardian, Jun 2004; and letter from John Montigue, n.d.
1 box (5 folders)
Conditions Governing Access