Papers and correspondence relating to Edmund Blunden and family, 1943-2000s
- Letters from Mary Blunden (later Cooper Keeble) to Edmund Blunden, mainly regarding their son John Blunden's diagnosis of tuberculosis in 1943, with reference to the death of Alan Porter. Includes covering postcard from Claire Blunden, 28 Jul 1986 and original envelope. Kept in original order (many n.d.).
- Correspondence relating to 'House [The Mill House, Long Melford] and Trust', mainly between Mary Clare and Philip Ross and solicitors, 1950-1964. With note regarding removal of Siegfried Sassoon's letters. Kept in original order.
- Brief lists by Mary Clare Blunden (later Ross) on 'Papers relating to my father'; list of published and unpublished works by Edmund Blunden; and 'Mementoes of E.B.', n.d. [c.2000s]. Some entries refer to items in this collection.
- Printed pamphlet 'Mama's Story' by Phyllis Pritchard (née Blunden) containing reminiscences of childhood life, Oct 1992, with covering letter dated 6 Dec 1992 and original envelope.
- Loose autograph manuscript poem 'The Unfortunate Shipmate' by Edmund Blunden, on Merton College Oxford writing paper, 2 pages, slightly corrected, n.d. [published 1944 in Shells by a Stream].
1 box (5 folders)